The great thing about 3D printing is that you can make alterations to a design pretty fast. This figure is a good example. I made a cuter version for my sofubi super hero line. But I liked the concept quite a bit and wanted to see how he looks with less cute proportions. So I made the changes to the 3D model and printed another one. Ultimately I will stick with the cute style but it was an interesting experiment nevertheless.
Here is the latest figure from my line of 3d printed sofubi style super hero figures. This one is not a super hero but the biggest hero of the cities police force. Since the police often has to deal with enhanced criminals it has special equipment to deal with them. They wear heavy armor and ride on one wheeled scooters to react quickly to any crime. This is a deluxe figure that comes with two exchangeable heads, a scooter and moveable batons. The figure was designed, 3D printed and hand painted by me.
Model made with Modo and printed on a Stratasys Mojo.
Check out my 3D printing services at: hauke-scheer.de/|
Hello, my name is Hauke!
I have been working as a 3D character designer for over ten years making characters for games, animations and advertising.
My best known personal work is an animated series about whales in giant exosuits called Mechawhales. mechawhales.com/
I also produce my own line of collector's figures via my company Deep Fried Figures. www.deepfriedfigures.com
My full portfolio can be seen on deviantART.
I specialize in creating highly articulated prototypes via 3D printing. I offer a full range of service - from designing and modeling a figure to printing and painting it.
See more at: hauke-scheer.de/
3D Character Design Submissions
To ask for a commission send me an email to: email@example.com
Please be as detailed as possible about what kind of figure you want. The more accurate you are with your description the better I can calculate pricing for you.
Since every character is different prices will be calculated on an individual basis. The modeling cost will be based on the level of detail and articulation of the model. Cost for test printing the models will be based on the actual material usage. Residents of the EU will have to pay 19% sales tax. You will receive all test printed models as well as an .stl file to print future models on your own.
- I only accept commissions for characters that are owned by my clients. Please do not ask me to make models of characters that are owned by a third party.
- 3D printed models have a rougher surface and are more fragile then mass produced action figures. Handle the model with care and expect some impurities in the print.
- For a highly articulated figure I recommend a size between 14 to 20 cm (6 to 8 inches). Smaller figures may end up being too fragile. Figures with fewer joints (4 to 6 joints) will work at smaller scales.
- 3D printed figures are not as flexible as mass produced figures made of PVC. Therefore flexible parts like capes or long clothes may hinder the articulation of a figure. I will try to find the best compromise between articulation and design but in some cases adjustments may have to be made.
- It usually takes 2-3 test prints to make the model perfect. The cost for material usage for all test prints will be included in the final price. I will try to keep the printing cost as low as possible. All printed models will be shipped to you.
- The model will be optimized to be printed on a Stratasys Mojo. Since the specifications for 3D printers can vary greatly it might not work as good on some other printers. I will optimize the model for one additional type of printer free of charge if you can provide me with the technical specifications.
- If you want me to paint the prototype I recommend printing it on a printer with a higher resolution first. Models printed on my printer can be painted fine but print lines and a rough structure will be visible. For painting models I recommend printing on Stratasys Objet printers.
- The models and stl. files will be shipped/send after final payment plus cost for shipping and handling are received. Please be also aware of taxes and custom fees in your country.